Contract period: 4-months, renewable
Compensation: $25,000 for pilot episode, + additional $25,000 if series is picked up for min. 6 episodes
Duties & Expectations:
- Co-create the idea for a script.
- Revise a script under the direction of the creators.
- Create a Series Bible.
- Create a Treatment.
- May also attend publicity events to promote the television show.
- Receive feedback about the first draft of their work.
- Research background material.
- Produce themes and ideas.
- Prepare short summaries of ideas and pitching them to producers or development executives.
- Developing believable plots and characters.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, writing, business etc. is preferred, not required, but looked upon very favorably.
- Must have several completed screenplays, preferably TV series pilots
- A minimum of at least one (1) pilot script sold and shot highly preferred..
The ideal candidate for this role would possess the following attributes and skills:
- Possess the potential of being the lead writer of a series and comfortable pitching project to a room of Hollywood executives.
- Highly creative, able to produce new ideas and envision what they look like before they are made.
- Empathetic, business-minded, open to constructive criticism, confident.
- Able to work well with others and as part of a team of creators, directors, and producers.
- Possess STRONG command of the English language and ability to write compelling stories
- Punctual and available when needed.
- Ideal candidate should possess a level of life and work experience that allows them to relate to characters' plights.
- Protagonist of TV show is a mixed race (African American / Caucasian), female professional, Female writers who identify as belonging to a visible minority are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Location of candidate in Northeast U.S. is preferable but not required.
$25,000 USD for a 4-month contract. An additional $25,000 USD to be paid if the series is picked up for a minimum of 6 episodes.
How To Apply
Limited Representation Agreement: